12th Annual Canada Salsa & Bachata Congress set to sizzle in Toronto October 9 – 13, 2014, Sheraton Centre Toronto Hotel
Did you know that Toronto is a mecca for Salsa Dancing?
TORONTO, Ont. – September 18, 2014 – It is not a nightclub but the music is loud, the band is on fire and the energy is electric. Picture a huge dance floor packed with hundreds of dancers from around the world and it only happens once a year! What is a salsa congress? It is a convention but definitely not like other conventions. The annual Canada Salsa & Bachata Congress is the largest salsa dance festival in Canada.
The 12th Annual Canada Salsa & Bachata Congress celebrates the diverse and creative talents of Canadian and international salsa dancers. This premier, four-day forum provides a venue to showcase Canadian talent and to expose the national dance scene to the most innovative and inspirational instructors and performers from around the world. Each day features intensive dance workshops, stunning performances each evening, live music, spectacular dance competitions and parties. The festivities run from 10:00 a.m. until 4:00 a.m. each day.
“The 12th Annual Canada Salsa & Bachata Congress is the largest gathering of salsa dance and music lovers in Canada. Last year we had over 5000 attendees from 14 countries and this year its going to be even bigger,” Jennifer Aucoin, Producer & Director, Canada Salsa & Bachata Congress.
Event highlights include:
● More than 35 intensive salsa workshops (from beginner to advanced levels) with top instructors from Canada, Puerto Rico, Italy, Mexico, Chile, Colombia, Miami, New York, Los Angeles, Philadelphia and more.
● Over 100 electrifying dance performances by the world’s greatest salsa dance companies.
● Live salsa band performance by the Lula All-Stars on Sat. October 11th.
● Four nights of sizzling salsa parties with dancing until 4 a.m.
● The salsa concession area, where attendees may purchase salsa-related products including shoes, clothing, music and instructional DVDs.
Contact: Jessica Cyr-Pelletier
PRODUCER & ORGANIZER:
Producer, Canada Salsa Congress
Office: 416-656-STEP (7837)