Given the outbreak of the COVID-19 and its devastating impact in the lives of music makers worldwide, the Latin GRAMMY Cultural Foundation® is extending the deadline for all its 2020 scholarship programs. This includes:
- Julio Iglesias Scholarship
- Gifted Tuition Scholarships
- Tuition Assistance Scholarships
The new deadline to apply for all three scholarships is April 13, 2020 (previously April 10, 2020)
Please note the Scholarship Committee will evaluate your video submission based solely on your musical performance (tone, rhythm, technique, musicianship and originality) NOT on video production.
Music has the ability to unify us. We encourage you to use music to spread positive energy and messages of hope during a time when we need it most.
Good luck to all the applicants.
• The Julio Iglesias Scholarship will be awarded to (1) one student who is exceptionally gifted, is interested in Latin music and needs financial assistance to start his/her education at Berklee College of Music. The four-year scholarship, which holds a maximum value of $200,000 USD, will be awarded towards a bachelor’s degree in music.
Students interested in applying for the Gifted Tuition Scholarships and Tuition Assistance Scholarships must be previously admitted to a four-year bachelor’s degree program in music at the college or university of their choice. All applicants must upload their acceptance letter to the LGCF Scholarship Application.
• Three Gifted Tuition Scholarships of $25,000 annually for four years, for a maximum of $100,000, will be awarded for full time study of a four-year bachelor’s degree in music starting their studies in Fall 2020. This award will cover tuition costs only.
• 40 Tuition Assistance Scholarships will be awarded to students pursuing or starting a four-year bachelor’s degree in Fall 2020 of up to $10,000 each for tuition costs only. This is a one-time award that will cover totally or partially the tuition amount not covered by other scholarships. This award will only cover tuitions costs and will only be valid for one year of study for the following semesters: Fall 2020 and Spring 2021.
For more information visit:
Click on the “Applications Tab” to review the scholarship guidelines and to complete your application.